RootSpace envisions a sustainable knowledge-based economy and society in Lebanon, the West Asia/North Africa (WANA) region, and the world. RS implements strategic projects to promote the soft skills (creative problem solving, critical thinking, collaboration), key concepts (social innovation, social entrepreneurship, sustainable development), hard skills (science, tech, open source dev't, project mgmt, business development), and structural supports (research, info dissemination, best practices, org/biz support & tools, social venture investment & support) to fuel widespread systemic change for sustainable social and economic development.
• RS focuses its work in developing & post-conflict communities and countries, and builds connections between developing and developed nations.
• RootSpace currently hosts the following groups in the RS shared-office in Beirut:
- Association for Volunteer Services (AVS; www.avs.org.lb)
- Arab Initiative to Foster a Culture of Volunteering (www.arabvolunteer.org)
- DevIneMedia (Development in eMedia)
- Heartland Alliance (Beirut office; www.heartlandalliance.org)
- Hibr.me (www.hibr.me)
- Human Rights Watch (Beirut office; www.hrw.org)
- International Crisis Group (Beirut office, www.crisisgroup.org)
- Mideastwire.com (www.mideastwire.com)
- T&E Consulting (startup consulting group focusing on conflict resolution and disability issues)
Plus the following individuals and activities:
- Sean Lee Teaches English (on Sunday mornings)
- Samer Azar (green construction/development startup)
- Soha Frem (educational and NGO consultant)
Interested in joining us? Contact us.