RootSpace envisions a sustainable knowledge-based economy and society in Lebanon, the West Asia/North Africa (WANA) region, and the world. RS implements strategic projects to promote the soft skills (creative problem solving, critical thinking, collaboration), key concepts (social innovation, social entrepreneurship, sustainable development), hard skills (science, tech, open source dev't, project mgmt, business development), and structural supports (research, info dissemination, best practices, org/biz support & tools, social venture investment & support) to fuel widespread systemic change for sustainable social and economic development.
• RS focuses its work in developing & post-conflict communities and countries, and builds connections between developing and developed nations.
• RootSpace currently hosts the following groups in the RS shared-office in Beirut:
- Association for Volunteer Services (AVS; www.avs.org.lb)
- Arab Initiative to Foster a Culture of Volunteering (www.arabvolunteer.org)
- DevIneMedia (Development in eMedia)
- Heartland Alliance (Beirut office; www.heartlandalliance.org)
- Hibr.me (www.hibr.me)
- Human Rights Watch (Beirut office; www.hrw.org)
- International Crisis Group (Beirut office, www.crisisgroup.org)
- Mideastwire.com (www.mideastwire.com)
- T&E Consulting (startup consulting group focusing on conflict resolution and disability issues)
Plus the following individuals and activities:
- Sean Lee Teaches English (on Sunday mornings)
- Samer Azar (green construction/development startup)
- Soha Frem (educational and NGO consultant)
Interested in joining us? Contact us.
The Yahoo! Purple Pedals Project is an experiment in mobile and Web 2.0 technology.
Please join us in a rising chorus of voices against poverty!
Blog Action Day, October 15, 6:30pm
Hosted by Social Media Exchange at RootSpace in Beirut
Chawkatly Building (Valli & Valli), 6th Floor
Charles Helou Street, Saifi District
For all people interested in being involved in GEW-Lebanon or the IdeaSpace Challenge in any way (funder, sponsor, host, event organizer, volunteer, et cetera), please fill out the form at this link. (You will be tak
RootSpace is committed to serving as a model for the values and principles it operates by, including social responsibility, inclusivity, effective/efficient/sustainable organizational management, and ethical business practices (such as transparency and accountability).
Furthermore, it strives to set the leading edge – through its own practices – for how these values are practically applied, and to extend these values to other businesses, organizations and the broader community.
RootSpace is the Lebanon country host for Global Entrepreneurship Week (November 17-23, 2008). We are organizing some exciting events for that week, but we want this week to be a broadly collaborative event, showcasing the broad range of organizations, companies, and initiatives promoting entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship in Lebanon. More information coming soon.
More information coming soon regarding the Lebanon Social Venture Competition. If you have any immediate inquiries, please contact us.